Friday, October 10

Sleeping Outside

It's all the rage. All the cool kids are doing it. Haven't you heard?

John set up a ginormous tent out front a few days ago, and my older kids have pretty much moved outside, coming in only to seek food, occasional drink, and PBS Kids for Curious George. We've been reading outside, taking naps outside, doing school outside, eating lunch outside, playing outside, and they've been sleeping outside at night. I won't let them eat near the tent, much to their chagrin, because we have very crafty raccoons (all names Billy), and now that the raccoons can't get eat my chicks' toes through the bottom of the coop anymore, I'm convinced they would try to get into the tent and eat my children. They're some big stinkin' raccoons!!

John's going to camp out with the kids tonight, and I might give into Sam's begging and let David sleep out there with them. Imagine, an entire house to myself!! Not that I'll be able to throw a keg party or anything, seeing how they'll all be 30 feet from my front door, but still ...

5 comments:

Christine said...

I found your blog through Blissfully Domestic. I am using the Mystery of History with my 5 yo, and my 3 yo and 1 yo are listening in. I love the Kumon workbooks, too! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I would love that if I didn't have such a bug phobia!

jesnicole said...

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!! WE LIVE OUT IN THE COUNTRY, AND I'VE BEEN TELLING MY HUSBAND WE NEED TO BUY A TENT AND GO CAMPING OUT BACK......I'VE NEVER BEEN CAMPING A DAY IN MY LIFE!!! :( POOR, POOR, PITIFIL ME! :)

Unknown said...

How fun! It's too cold for that here.

At least that's my current excuse.

Krista said...

Do you happen to have a tent one adult could set up by themselves?
I've been on the hunt for the kids and I. The smart thing would be to go to a sporting goods store ... but I think I'll ask around first.