Thursday, December 11

Brrrrrrrr!!

Wow, it's been cold! Yesterday morning, we woke up to some COLD weather. It had sleeted and snowed the night before, and there was lots of white when we got up for the day.

Ok, there was a lot more sleet than snow, but we're from Houston. And we live in Central Texas. We don't get much of either in these parts. It stayed cold enough yesterday to never melt all the ice on the rooftops around here. We never even made it past 38! But it's supposed to be in the mid 60's today, so life is back to normal.

Anyway. Enough about the weather.

I've been BUSY! It's a big week for us if we've got two things in the evenings, and we've got a whole week's worth right now. Saturday was my XanGo Christmas party in New Braunfels. My friend Tana came with me, and it was awesome (Kristie watched the kids). Sunday was church, then potluck, and then I had my book club Christmas party, which was a total blast. I love my book club, not so much for the books we read (although I do love those), but for the lovely ladies that I get to see and know better each month.

Monday, Kristie and I went to IKEA and the Outlet Mall up in Round Rock, and had a lovely time. It's been years since I went shopping with another gal (I'm not a shopper!), and I forgot how much fun it can be. I got a new dress to wear to the Nutcracker next week, new black boots (I love a good bargain. These boots are normally $90, and I ended up paying $32. Woohoo!), a cute pair of really nice jeans, a green and blue top, and a beautiful watch. And not including IKEA, I only spent about $70!! Hello, gift cards and Christmas sales!!

On the way home, Kristie convinced me to sing with her and Johnna at church on Sunday, so Tuesday evening we met over at Kristie's house to practice our sing, after we had picked on out. We decided on a beautiful hymn I hadn't previously heard, In the Bleak Midwinter. I'm scared out of my mind, but also looking forward to it.

Last night, Kristie (yes, I've seen her every day for the last 5 days!) and I took out our friend Melissa, who just had a baby. Melissa and her husband are having a hard time. New babies are wonderful, but they can be ... um ... difficult, to say the least. Can I get an amen, moms? In my experience, the first baby is the hardest, because you have no idea what you're doing! Add a total lack of sleep, and enough hormones to knock out an elephant, and it can be a very hard experience for the first few weeks or months. Melissa's baby is two weeks old, and other than doctor visits, Melissa hasn't been out of the house, so Kristie an I decided to kidnap her and go up to Chili's for food and desserts. Despite what Melissa thinks (she was kind of down, and had lots of questions, and kept insisting that she wasn't good company), we had a great time.

Today, we're getting a tree and pulling down all the Christmas decorations, then going out to a friend's house for supper this evening (they've got 10 kids, but only 7 are still at home). I'm super excited about that. Friday, Tana and her kids are coming out, and I'm teaching Tana how to make toffee (it's such a fun recipe!), then she and her husband have a Christmas dinner on Saturday, so we'll be watching her kids then. I love her kids!

Sunday is church and the special program, and my mom is coming up for that, then she and some other friends are coming over for lunch afterwards. I'm meeting with a friend, Robert, on Monday to learn how to market Glimpse to spas and salons, and I'll spend the afternoon and evening getting all my materials together and ready for Tuesday, when I'll be going to said spas and salons.

On Wednesday, I'm going to sit on the couch and stare at the wall.

And we're going to the Nutcracker in Austin on Thursday.

I'm tired from just writing all of that. I think I'll go and take a nap before John gets out of bed. :)

1 comment:

Amy E said...

How fun! The weather here was wonderful as well, sleeting most of the night, but no snow. Wah! I think we just missed that front that came through.

I just love the Nutcracker. My mom, took me when I was in my 20's, and I took my two girls last year.

You are going to have a great time!

Have a Merry Christmas!