Monday, December 8

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For more fun, check out http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY Monday, December 8, 2008...

Outside my window... It is icky and gray and not very chilly, and all the leaves are turning gold and brown and falling off the trees.

I am thinking... that I love this band I'm listening to, Over the Rhine.

I am thankful for... always having enough.

From the learning rooms... I need to get back on track, cause I've been a total slacker for the last few weeks!

From the kitchen... we're cooking a brisket this afternoon, and I'm getting everything together to make chili tomorrow.

I am wearing... my fav denim skirt, a blue tank top, and a green sweater that I would probably marry if I didn't like John quite so much. :)

I am creating... a pretty blue and while blanket for my cousin-in-law, who is having a little boy in about a month.

I am going... to IKEA this afternoon and evening with dearest Kristie while John stays here with the kids.

I am reading... The Great Influenza, one of the most fascinating books I've read in years.

I am hoping... to have time for a quick nap before I leave this afternoon.

I am hearing... my lovely music, and the kids playing with John outside in the leaf piles we've been making.

Around the house... there is stuff everywhere. Someone really should do something about that!

One of my favorite things... is my HEB Texas Pecan Coffee Beans that I grind each morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting the house under control, and getting out the Christmas stuff.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments: