Thursday, October 18

In a Funk ...

Ever get into one of those? I know, I know, you're probably perfect, with no problems. :) I, however, am most certainly not perfect, and I'm having some issues.

For one thing, I tend to get a little more moody after my period, not before. Silly hormones. Also, I'm a little sad. I was four or five days late this month, and I really thought I was pregnant. Of course, I started thinking that a week before I should have gotten my period (yes, I knew that soon with David), so I had almost two weeks of trying not to be too excited. Except that I was really excited. And I cried when I realized I wasn't pregnant. John was bummed, too. Not as much as I was, but he was very sweet none the less.

Also, it's October. The second half of October. So, really, it shouldn't still be 95 degrees, right? That's the forecast for Austin this afternoon, and I'm getting a little cranky. I love summer, and I don't like to be cold, but is a nice day in the lower 80's too much to ask? Really, is it?? Come on, now!

Sometimes I think I should be doing more. I mean, I'm busy with the kids, and actually have more work than I can ever get done, but I feel like I'm not doing enough sometimes. I wish I had a small business I could run from home, preferably something web-based that I could do at night, or whenever I have a few spare minutes. I was really excited about this, but I'm just not good at sales, and hate talking to people about something I'm selling. I just feel strange doing it, regardless of how much I love my product. (And I do truly love this stuff. I feel that it's worth every penny! But I digress ...)

I would love a ministry based business. I would love to sell everything we have and move to southeast Asia or South America and be missionaries. I'd do that in a heartbeat. What am amazing experience that would be for the kids! I just get restless sometimes, and oddly enough, I get restless when I have busy spurts of insanity ... like the never ending week we wrapped up last week. When it comes to the fight or flight response, if none of us are in physical danger, I have a huge tendency toward flight!! When I get stressed, I want to get out of Dodge and go somewhere quieter, simpler, and farther away from people. My dream would be owning about 200 acres and being as self sustaining (and off the grid, lol!) as possible.

I can also feel my body freaking out about my diet lately. It has not been good. I think Sarah and I are going to detox together next week, and I'm looking forward to it. Kristie let me borrow her detox book, and it's a really big deal. It's a nine-day course, where you gradually add certain foods back into your diet. I've just been so tired and run down the last few weeks, and craving refined sugar and flour. I haven't felt like this in forever, and it's really getting to me. Actually, I think how I'm eating is mostly responsible for the funk I've been for the last few days.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. It's the verse that keeps me going some days, because man!, do I ever try to do everything in my own strength. Yeah, that always works out sooo well for me. :)

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

that post reminded me why we're best friends...despite all our differences i could relate to most of that post. i'm here for ya, and love you tons.
-Molly-