Wednesday, October 17

My Hands Hurt

I went over to Kristie's yesterday and helper her paint and hang paneling in her kitchen. Seeing how I am a wuss, my hands now hurt. Aww, poor me. :) I was at her house for about 4 1/2 hours, and had a wonderful time. The kids stayed here with John, and her kids amused themselves most of the time (when not chatting with and amusing us!), so we actually got to just chat and have girl talk ... which covered many topics, ranging from movies we've recently seen to politics to putting babies on a schedule. (We're all for it, by the way.)

I never did get that nap on Saturday, because I forgot I invited Kristie to drop her kids off while she went up to Home Depot for the above-mentioned products. This might pretty benign, but let me remind you that Kristie has 5 kids. So I had 8 kids under 11-years-old at my house, and honestly, I've hardly ever had so much fun. I love kids so much, and I pray that God blesses us with several more.

I had a great morning today. Well, I accidentally slept in and didn't get up until almost 6:45, but it was good other than that, because the rest of my family slept in, too. That never happens. In my devotionals, I've been spending a lot of time in Paul's epistles lately. I decided to go back and read the Gospels again, and started with Luke. (Why? I dunno. Why not?) What an amazing story. I think Luke is probably my favorite Gospel. Then I read Matthew 5 this morning over breakfast; we've moved our daily chapter out of Proverbs to the evenings. Our memory verse over the next few weeks will be the Beatitudes, for so many reasons. For one thing, they're beautiful! I love the way the words flow, and I just think it's wonderful poetry. Also, what a wonderful way to live!!

Read this, and just think about it for a while ...

Matthew 5:3-10
"Blessed are the poor in spirit:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn:
for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness:
for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful:
for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart:
for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers:
for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake:
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

No comments: