Sunday, January 27

On to Sunday's thoughts ...

Thanks to everyone for the lovely comments about Evelyn's hair, and the well-wishes about my mouth. It doesn't hurt near as bad anymore. And thank goodness I only had to take those stoopid pain meds for four or five days. I hate those things.

In unrelated news: I have a cold. I coughed so much on the couch before bed last night that 1) John had to turn the TV up (sweet man that he is) to hear it over my hacking, and 2) my abs hurt like I did 100 sit-ups yesterday because I coughed so much! I seem to be doing better today, praise Jesus, because when I do cough, it makes me double over in pain.

Ok, I'm done with the whining. Other news ... Sam just ran in the house completely freaking out and crying because he did something stupid again a chicken (Rover, our aggressive rooster) flew up and bit his finger. There is the tiniest of cuts on his right pointer finger, and the world is now crashing down around him. On the upside, I didn't respond with, 'Well, honey, that's what happens when you torment an animal that has a brain the size of a small pea and already doesn't like you.'

I did respond with, 'I'm sorry to hear that. You shouldn't be throwing the roster, because he has a brain the size of a pea and doesn't like you to begin with. Go wash your hands with soap, and bring me a band-aid, and we'll look at it together.' See, wasn't that sweet of me??

I am so the mean parent in this house. The kids have pretty much learned not to come to me if there's not a massive head wound, or a bone protruding somewhere.

I made White Chocolate Cheesecake with Brownie Bites and Raspberry Glaze the other day for John to take to work. (I try to make something every week or two for him to take up there; it's good for morale in a very, very difficult store.) I had to capitalize all those words because it was a Very Important Dessert. It was my first attempt at cheesecake (a real one, not one of those no-bake ones), and it turned out really well, except that I used the wrong kind of pan. But it tasted really, really good. It was probably the first recipe I made with absolutely no redeeming qualities. I'll post the recipe later this week, but you might want to do a little juice fast or something before you read it. It's that rich.

And now my kids are telling me I should feed them. I guess I'll do that, and then curl up on the couch and take a quick nap while everyone eats. Mmmm, naps ...

No comments: