Tuesday, March 4

Go Vote!!

Today is primary voting here in Texas, and we've been up for a while now. I don't know if I told y'all, but John is the precinct chairman for the the Republican Party out here. (Believe me, no one is more surprised than we are!) Our friend Albert Ellison in the County Chairman for the Reps, and he was able to get John to help in this way.

This means that John is in charge of the Rep voting for our precinct, and we've been getting ready for that for the last few days. Yesterday, we had to scope out the church where the voting is taking place (right up the street, about 10 minutes away), and pick up all the voting material from the courthouse. Oy, there was a lot of it! And it was really cold and windy yesterday, too. But we got it all home, got everything ready, and everyone went to bed early last night. We knew that we'd be up around 5 this morning, leaving here in time to be at the polling place at 6 (polls opened up at 7).

So of course, my sweet baby, who has been sleeping through the night since he was a whopping 4 weeks old, decided to wake up around 2:30 this morning. And cry. And cry. And then cry some more. He didn't want anything to eat, didn't need a diaper change, he just wanted to be held. So I brought him to bed with us, and he fell right back to sleep about 4.3 seconds after his head hit my the pillow. I was not pleased with the way this situation was turning out loved having him there to snuggle with me and keep my shoulder sweaty warm. Much power to people that do the family bed thing, but we are not that family. David was out of my bed when he was about 3 nights old.

I was glad he was able to go back to sleep, but it took me forever to fall into dreamland. And the dreams I had, when I was actually able to sleep! They were awful!! So I got up with John at 5, waking David up again (what else would happen?), and started getting ready. Got everyone else up and going, got the baby's milk, took John to the church, helped unload all our crap voting materials (I even helped the Dem before her workers got there ... look at me!!), went to HEB for the meals I'm taking up there later, got breakfast tacos for everyone, took said tacos back to the church, found out I'm going to be getting paid for today, being the fabulous and cute helper that I am (woohoo!!), and came home. Fed children, cats, chickens, and fishes, made more coffee, swept downstairs, put in a load of laundry, got the lunches ready so I don't have to rush later when I forget and am running late to take it up there, and put the now-sleepy and cranky baby down for a very early and much-needed nap.

And it's all of 8:14 now. I think I need a nap!!

And let's talk voting ... I know many people, Republicans, who are voting for The Hillary today. Not because they like the robot her, but because they think she'll be easier to beat than Barack Obama. Me? I'm all for Ron Paul when it comes to the primaries. He has some serious issues that bother me, and if he was a true contender for the presidency, I don't think I could in good conscious vote for him. His stance on national security scares me a little, to be quite honest.

Now, I know there are a lot of Reps out there that just can't stand John McCain, or at least aren't crazy about him, but I'm not one of them. I love John McCain, and would vote for him any and every single day of the week. Yeah, there's some stuff that he believes that I'm not loving, but I really think that, overall, he's the best equipped to get the job done, and will do what he believes is best, not what the Party is telling him to do. He's been labeled a maverick, but I like that. The man speaks him mind as much as he can, and does what he feels is the right thing to do. Mad respect for the man!! John and I are both very excited that he'll be the one getting the nomination.

On that note, I'm kicking the older kids outside, and taking a nap on the couch. Hope everyone has a lovely day. And, if you're here in the utterly fabulous state of Texas, do me a favor, if you haven't already ...

GO VOTE!!!!

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

Brea, I read your Texas-ism's on Heidi's blog! Great stuff. Girl, yer a 1/2 a bubble off! ;)

Small world... I'm in Georgetown.

Voted today. I was a Hillary cross-over. I heard on the radio today that Williamson county ran out of Dem voting slips and they are speculating it is because of the crossover vote.