Monday, July 7

Monday Meal Plan

Here's my plan for the week. Our schedule is a little wonky ... but really, when is it not?

Monday 7/7 (John opens)
lunch: leftover purple hulled peas and cornbread, and strawberries
supper: stuffed squash

Tuesday 7/8 (John is off, and I've got my first checkup with the midwife. Yay!)
lunch: turkey sandwiches
supper: leftover squash and a green salad

Wednesday 7/9 (John is a mid, and he'll be gone for lunch and supper)
lunch: wraps* and soup
supper: clean out the fridge leftovers. Or maybe pizza. :)

Thursday 7/10 (John opens, and I've got a XanGo meeting that evening in Austin)
lunch: black bean, pepper, and cheese quesadillas
supper: spaghetti with meat sauce and a green salad

Friday 7/11 (John is a mid, and will be gone for lunch and supper)
lunch: wraps* and fruit salad
supper: kids choice (I do this once a week, on a night that John's at work)

Saturday 7/12 (John opens, and we'll be packing for the river)
lunch: sandwiches
supper: crock pot roast

Sunday 7/13 (John opens, we've got church, and we'll be finishing up our river preparations)
lunch: roast leftovers
supper: chopped beef sandwiches

*Wraps are a big favorite around here, because they're so durned versatile. You can put basically anything in them. And I've given up on the whole wheat tortillas because 1) my husband hates them; 2) they're kind of a pain in the butt and more expensive; 3) pretty much everything else we eat is whole wheat; and 4) I found the. world's. best. tortillas. at a place here called Jalisco's. They make them fresh every day, they're super cheap, and they're the best tortillas I've ever had. And I've had more than one or two tortillas. I'm just saying.

That's my week. What are you eating this week?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your meal plan sounds great. Ours for the rest of the week (I'm only putting suppers because we usually eat leftovers for lunch):

Tues: Bean Salad
Wed: Husband has a work picnic so I'm eating leftovers
Thurs: Pasta with tomatoes, artichoke hearts, basil and feta
Friday: Whatever Husband wants because I'm having a girl night!
Saturday: Tostadas on the grill
Sunday: Hot dogs/brats and beans on the grill

I usually mix in a fruit or vegetable or both with each meal, but I don't always plan them--they're just always on hand.

I gotta go find your whole wheat bread recipe now...I'm sharing it with a friend today!

jesnicole said...

SOUNDS SOOOOOOO GOOD!! FRESHLY MADE TORTILLAS ARE WONDERFUL. I ONLY KNOW HOW BECAUSE I'M HISPANIC AND MY GRANDMA TAUGHT ME WHEN I WAS A LIL' GIRL. :) HOPE YOU'RE DOING WELL!!