Tuesday, July 1

Summertime

I love summer. I really do. I wish we weren't in such a drought at the moment (I saw on the news this morning it's been labeled 'extreme'). Some rain would be REALLY nice. But I like the summers.

And I've been very busy this summer, so I apologize for lack of posts. In the last few weeks, I've gone to the Republican State Convention in Houston (well, John went, and I stayed with the kids at my mom's house in Katy), made peach butter, bought 5 ugly new chickens (they just finished molting and have no tails), been slightly but not very morning sick, had my XanGo friends from Phoenix in for a weekend, had two appointments with a bakery here in town about the owner carrying XanGo in the store, received two new kittens from a friend of mine, dealt with my oldest son turning 6 (and I still don't approve, for the record), had a party for said son, gone to book club, tried to nap, tilled my back garden and planted 5 or 6 different kinds of winter squash and 3 kinds of okra, and general (but unsuccessfully) tried to keep my house and yard in decent order. And napping. I'm a great fan of taking naps at the moment. :)

So that's where I've been. I'll have something interesting later today or tomorrow, promise. John's mom is taking the two older kids for three nights, starting tomorrow, and my mom is taking David on Thursday and Friday night. I'm getting everyone back on Saturday. Free time!!!!! I don't know what to do with myself. I have so many projects to get done, and unfortunately, John is working every night that the kids are gone. We'll do some stuff during the day, but I see some good movies in my future. And just think ... I can watch them at 5 in the evening if I want to!! Oh, how wild and crazy am I???? I know. Very wild and crazy. :)

And now, I'm off to sequester two of my chickens, play with the kittens, make some apple butter, deal with a daughter with a stomach ache, and get everyone packed today. Woohoo!!

No comments: