Monday, August 6

Good grief!

First of all, that thing that we're not talking about is still hurting. I think they didn't put my temporary crowns on correctly, and they're killing me, but I don't want to go back, because I have to go back in two weeks anyway for my permanent crowns. And I'm a wuss, and I just don't want to go. What's a little pain, anyway?

I woke up in a truly foul mood this morning. This doesn't happen often, but by 8:45 I had all three kids playing upstairs while I was on my knees in prayer. I forget sometimes that I can't do anything apart from God, including (but not limited to):

-getting out of bed
-being in a good mood
-being a good wife (and mother, friend, daughter, sister, etc)
-getting anything done
-functioning.

There is a reason that Paul tells us in Philippians 4 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (KJV) Philippians 4 is one of my favorites to turn to when life gets kinds hard. I also love 1 Corinthians 13 and the entire book of James. It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to learn from verses I have read a million times already. I love that the Bible is the Living Word!!

When I'm in a bad mood, and feeling sorry for myself, I have found three no-fail ways to get out of it.

1) Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer.
2) Making a list of things I'm grateful for. The 'smaller' the things are, the better (ie: I woke up this morning. I have coffee in my pantry. I have money to make sure there is always coffee in my pantry. I have running water. I have a kitchen I love ... this is all just in the first 2 minutes or my morning!).
3) Doing something for someone else, especially if they will never know who did it. Try this sometime. It is amazing!! And it is a double edged sword: the person you do something for is blessed, and by following one of God's commandments (Matthew 6:1-4 and ), you are also blessed!

Just some food for thought. :)

I mopped my entire downstairs today. All of it. John helped me move the couch, coffee table, dining room stuff, etc, so I could get the entire floor clean. With all the work John and the kids have been doing on the chicken coop, the floor has been trashed for the last few weeks, so it feels so good to have all the floors looking so good!

John just put the kids to bed, and on that note, I'm going to get some ironing done so I can make bread with Evie when she wakes up!

2 comments:

SaRaH said...

I love you and you're such a blessing in my life!

jesnicole said...

I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!! AND YOU'RE RIGHT, IT IS A WONDERFUL THING TO DO SOMETHING AMAZING FOR SOMEONE...AND NEVER LET THEM KNOW WHO DID IT!! :)