Monday, August 27

So much fun!

Last week was completely wonderful! I mostly worked around the house Monday and Tuesday, doing my thing. Wednesday, I had another dentist appointment. It was great, let me tell you. I did find out that I only have one more visit (albeit a rather extensive and expensive one) until my mouth is whole again!! I can't even comprehend being able to chew on both sides of my mouth without shooting pain. Its been about 6 or 7 years since I could do that.

I had a lovely surprise Thursday. Lyndsey, one of my best friends who is currently living in New Orleans, called me to let me know she was in Katy. I told her that she should make a quick road trip to visit me, and (shock of all shocks!) she did!! She drove in Thursday afternoon, and stayed until Saturday afternoon. John was off Friday, so we drove, kid-less, to Austin and played for the morning. Then she helped me get ready for Evie's party, and gave me some great cake ideas.

Evie's party was Saturday, and it went wonderfully. We had three girls from the church over, plus her cousins Mary Jane and Emmabeth. All the girls looked completely cute, and they had a lot of fun. The cousins' mom Jenny (John's cousin) stayed later with the girls, so I got to visit with her, which I don't get to do often. They live out in Lakeway, so we don't see each other as much as we'd like.

Lynds left, and I collapsed on the couch while the kids watched Discovery Channel. Sunday, we all missed Sunday school, because John didn't get to bed until 4!!, and went to church. It was fantastic, as usual.

I'm taking this week to work on attitude training, scheduling, and a few other projects, because we start school next Tuesday. Evie's birthday is Wednesday, and John's is Monday, so we've got a lot going on in the next week, too. It'll be nice to start school and slow down, lol!!

No comments: