Monday, February 19

So busy!

Well, here we go! Sam's surgery is tomorrow, and I've been spending the last few days (and all of today) getting everything ready. We have to leave at 5:30 tomorrow, to get Evie dropped off at Rebecca's house and get to the hospital by 7:30. Ah, the joys of living in the middle of no where ...

We got to visit Candi on Friday, and we had such a lovely time!!! I love her and her cute, polite, wonderful children. :)

We had a hawk get into the house the other night, so that was fun. We have video of it and everything. I'm glad that we have it, because John was at work and didn't believe me when I told him about it ... he had to see the video. Silly man. :) The kids got a huge kick out of it, and were really helpful in the capture and release of that beautiful bird!!

I have a huge headache, and I need a nap. Hopefully, all the kids will go down without a problem for naptime, because I'm planning on passing out!! I haven't been getting enough sleep the last few nights (uh, cause I'm stoopid and just stay up too late!), and I have to be awake at 4:30 tomorrow morning. John is working the last day of his 9-day stretch, and is so happy! Most of his shifts have been opening (day) shifts, which is even harder, because it means more hours than a closeing (night) shift. And they are still having a huge problem with turnover, especially in the kitchen. It gets him so down sometimes!! My poor man. Please pray for him!!

And please pray for Sam. He knows what is going to happen, and is excited in some ways. This morning, he figured out that he can sign to us instead of talking, so he won't have to hurt his throat even more. The look on his face was priceless when he figured it out, all on his own. I didn't even suggest it to him! So we've been practicing signing all morning, especially the signs for more, no, yes, hurt (along with specific locations), mom, dad, evie, and nanno. I think he'll do very well, but please just pray for a speedy recovery!

I have a ton of stuff left to do. I've been working outside a lot the last few days, taking advantage of this amazing weather. We're almost done with the garden expansion, and I hope to get the potatoes, onions, and garlic in the ground next week. I made a designated bed for my mints, and have been getting all the other herb gardens ready. I plan on growing 10 or so herbs this year, and picking and drying them all throughout the summer. I love freshly dried herbs! They are so much better than the tasteless ones from the store.

So now I'm off to feed the baby, clean out and vacuume the car, pack all of our overnight bags, charge up the dvd player, clean my bathroom, iron some of John's work clothes ... and about a bazillion other things. And then this afternoon, I nap!! :)

No comments: