Tuesday, February 13

You ate a WHAT??

As I was posting my recipe for cornbread muffins, Sam burst through the front door and came clomping up the stairs. I'm thinking he's just going to tattle on Evie, or whine about a stubbed toe (that's right, even in 40 degree weather, my kids rarely wear shoes outside!), so I didn't pay much attention when he started talking to me. A few seconds later, I realized he was still standing there. I turned around to look at him, and saw that he had a huge, triumphant grin on his face.

"Sam, what did you just tell me? I'm sorry, I wasn't listening ot you."

"Mom, I told you that I just ate a termite!!"

"Um .. Uh ... Huh? You what?"

"Mooooom! I ate a TERMITE!!"

"Huh. Really? How'd it taste?"

"It was good. And crunchy. I'm not sure if I ate the head or not."

"Well, sweetie, that's good. We wouldn't want you to eat a termite head."

"Well, no, Mom! Of course not."

Silly me. And just for the record, we do not have termites. We do, however, have plenty of other bugs, along with their larva, that live here. I'm sure he just ate a big carpenter ant or something like that.

I hope.

No comments: