Thursday, March 8

Banana Nut Bread

Just for my wonderful Candi!! This is a recipe from my grandmother that, as usual, I have modified and made healthier. This is a fav breakfast bread around here. It slices much easier when it is cold, out of the fridge, and freezes wonderfully. I always make mini loaves or muffins, because the smaller things bake more evenly.

Banana Nut Bread
by Brea!

2 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 c butter
1/4 c olive oil or canola oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3-4 very ripe bananas
1 c chopped nuts
1 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Cream bananas, butter, oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients, then fold in nuts (I like walnuts or pecans!).

Pour into greased mini-loaf or muffin tins. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!!

5 comments:

Homekeeper Mom said...

THANK YOU!!! I have been wanting to try YOUR recipe for like two years now. I have my own (which is yummy too, :D) but I wanted to try yours.

Love,
~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)-----going off to make bannana bread now..........

Love Bears All Things said...

Am I wrong or does the recipe not tell when to add the bananas. Have you tried making this in a bread machine?

Brea in Texas said...

Oops!! I did forget the bananas!! It's fixed now, sorry. This isn't a true bread you can do in a bread machine, because it doesn't have any yeast, so there is no rise involved ...

I'm off to make this recipe now!
~Brea, the tinymama

Homekeeper Mom said...

Brea, some bread machines have a "quick bread cycle".....like mine. :D For things like bannana bread. Just wanted to share!

~Candi (Homekeeper at Heart)

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks, I've made a Banana Bread in my bread machine similar to this.