Wednesday, March 7

Oh, to follow my own advice ...

Sometimes, I find myself talking with different friends about kids. Ha! Sometimes ... like I have other things to talk about. Nope, just kids. That's about it ... but I digress ... Anyway, I was talking to a friend the other day; she has been having trouble with her almost-five-year-old and nutrition. (Who doesn't have trouble with their kids and nutrition from time to time? It seems to be a 'seasons of life' kind of thing!) She was asking me for some advice, and being the shrinking violet that I am, I had no problem telling her what I thought. I got off the phone and thought, 'Wow, that was great advice I just gave. I should try that sometime ...'

Don't we all do that? We have these great ideas of how things are supposed to work, and we can tell others exactly how we want to do something, or how they should do something, but we often neglect to heed our own words. Oy! This is one thing I need to work on, in a big way. :)

In other news: I have decided to quit using my dryer. I have a clothesline that I am mostly pretty good about using, but my goal is to not use my dryer for the next 6 months unless we have more than three days in a row of rain. Lord, please let us have more than three days in a row of rain!! Sorry, again with the digression ...

Hannah came over this morning, and we went and had coffee at the Green Chai Cafe. (Come visit me, and I'll take you there! This place is great.) I had a lovely time with her! She is such a doll, and when I talk to her, I am always reminded of one of my favorite verses, Proverbs 16:24, 'Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.' She always has kind and pleasant things to say. It's nice to have a female friend, who is near my age, who lives within 2 hours of me!

Tonight is one of our meatless nights, so I'm doing pasta (whole wheat, of course!) with tomato sauce, romaine and Swiss Chard salad, and steamed veggies. Aaannnnnnd ice cream for dessert. Mmmm. :)

More later of how my attitude changes have been affecting my life in my home ...

No comments: