Monday, March 12

I know my mom is laughing right now ...

... because my daughter is so much like ME!! Grandchildren really are a parent's best revenge. I tell you what, that girl is killing me. She is just such a fireball, with so much energy, and she wears every emotion on her sleeve!! She amazes me every day. She can go from belly laughing, to sobbing, back to laughing, all in the space of about 2 minutes. And each emotion is genuine ... she very rarely fakes anything! Although, she did come up to me the other day, telling me her throat hurt. I asked her why it hurt, and she looked me square in the eye and said, 'Because Dr Conally took my tonsils out, and he told me I could have ice cream.' I said, 'Are you sure that Sam didn't have his out? Because I thought is was him in the hospital, not you.' She would not be persuaded, and tried for several more minutes to convince me that she was lacking tonsils. Finally, she just gave up and said, 'Well, maybe it was Sam. But could I have some ice cream anyway?'

How can you say no to that???

She shot John a look the other day, and he actually had to leave the room because he was laughing so hard. I asked him what was so funny, and he informed me that Evie had just given him the hundred-yard stare that I give him occasionally. (Me? What hundred-yard stare? I'm sure I haven't the faintest idea of what he's talking about, really ...) She really is like a Little Brea in some ways.

And I'll tell you what, I love every single minute of it. Praise God for His blessings ... I have four of the best ones He's ever given out right here under my roof as I type this!!

No comments: