Sunday, January 28

Honey, I'm Home!

We had our first Girls' Weekend on Friday and Saturday. This involves Margaret, Sarah, and Moi.

Except that Sarah had her tonsils removed Thursday. My poor, wonderful, in-an-insane-amount-of-pain best friend!!

So I drove to Katy Friday morning to visit my mom, and my grandfather came out to lunch. It was very nice, and I had a wonderful time chatting with Papa. And David hammed it up like I've never seen before. If I could bottle his cuteness and sell it on eBay, I'd be a gazallionaire. Seriously. Then I went over to visit Sarah, and take her husband some food I made for him. That's right, I made Scott food and delivered it from 150 miles away. That's service with a smile!!

Then I made my way to Marg's. Let me just add this side note here: I hate all people who drive in Houston. All of them. I really like living in the country, where the worst traffic issue I deal with is getting stuck behind someone who drives too slow on the little roads near our house. That being said, I had a great time with the Cecils, and Marg and I went to Black Walnut Cafe for breakfast Saturday. If you are ever in The Woodlands and have a chance, you simply MUST visit this place. A google search has just revelaed that they also have a Houston location. Whatever. Go eat there, and you will think you have died and gone to foodie heaven.

Then I drove back to Katy, because I left my glasses at my mom's again and needed to pick them up. That, and mom bought me Sonic for supper. :)

I was a wondeful weekend. Sam and Evie had a wonderful time with John by all accounts, and I had a blast with Marg. We were giggling like little girls on minute, then we were discussing docterine from Romans the next, then I learned exactly what an EKG is, and why and how you would get one. It's great to have good friends. I can't wait until the next time, when our dear Sarah can join us!!

John is at work very late this evening, and then he still has to go to the store (I would go, but the base to David's carseat is still in the car!), then he'll finally be home. And on that note, I really should feed my older kids some supper.

No comments: