Monday, January 1

the New Year!

Happy New Year's, everyone! I'm back, after a long break. Things that happened while I was gone? Well ... I had a baby! David Gray Stewart was born October 5, around 5 am. He weighed 7 lb 10 oz, and is absolutely the most perfect thing ever! He has a wonderful disposition, and has been sleeping through the night since he was about 4 weeks old. The big kids are crazy about him, and just can't get enough of him. They love to play with him and make him smile.

Also, we're potty training David. Sounds completely insane, I know, but it's actually working! That's right, my son, who isn't even three months old yet, goes to the bathroom on the toilet. Thank you, Pearls!

Other news ... We had Thanksgiving in Georgetown with John's dad's family, and there were over 30 people there. It was a blast! And John's dad wore a VERY VERY pink shirt, and kept going on and on about how he wears pink because he always gets hit on every time he wears it. EEEWWWWWWW!!! I never want to think about that again!!!! Jim was in Austin for a month, and stayed with us twice. Yay. Bobby, John's cousin, got married just before Thanksgiving in a beautiful ceremony. Congrats, Bobby and Kendrick!

Christmas was here, with Dan, Rebecca, and their kids; Dad; Sherry; and Nanny. It was fun, and the kids got waaaay too many presents from all their grandparents. By Dec 26, I had hidden more than half of their new stuff, so I can bring it out throughout the year. Christmas was great.

Which brings us up to the new year. John worked New Year's Eve, and the kids and I stayed home and watch some of the small fireworks our neighbors were setting off ... man, I jujst love living in the country!!!! John rushed home and made it here at 11:55 (which means they were able to close the store down in an hour. For those of you who don't know this is a very big deal!), so we were able to kiss (awwww!) and midnight. Then I promptly went to bed. :)


Hannah is coming over tomorrow. The prospect of having a friend close to my age, that lives (somewhat) near me, is exciting. So I'm glad that she's coming over. I'm going to the store this afternoon. And Pace and 5 of her crew are coming over Wednesday to play for a little while, and we're going to Austin on Friday. Seriously, this is more than I normally do in a month!! :)

So I will not conclude the world's most boring post with promises of more posts to come, and some pics of my new angel soon. xoxo, and good luck to all in the upcoming year! Remember to praise God each morning for the blessings Hs has given you, and the one you have yet to receive!

No comments: